All are welcome. All means all regardless of your race, nationality, citizenship status, ethnicity, sex, gender identification, or sexual orientation. Jesus invited all people and so do we.
Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church
Rev. David K. Asendorf, Pastor
Rev. Sarah Garrett Krey, Associate Pastor
905 Frederick Road, Catonsville, MD 21228-4517
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, most church meetings, events, and activities are canceled or are on-line. Contact the organizer for information. Salem and Faith Lutheran Church in Cockeysville are having joint on-line worship each Sunday at 10 a.m. It is available on each church’s Facebook and YouTube pages as well as our video page.
In-person Worship will move indoors starting in October. Video Guidelines
(Reservations for October 3, 4 required by Friday at noon)
Saturday Evening Contemporary Worship with Holy Communion – 5 p.m.
Sunday Morning (Early) with Holy Communion – 8:15 a.m.
Sunday Morning (Late) with Holy Communion – 11:00 a.m.
First Wednesday of the Month
Adult Forum will be happening online via Zoom on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. beginning September 20th. The first topic of the year will be a discussion of Rev. Lenny Duncan’s book Dear Church: A Love Letter from a Black Preacher to the Whitest Denomination in the U.S.
Upcoming Events (canceled until fellowship is allowed)
Regularly Scheduled Meetings
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Videos of our Worship Services
- Music from our Worship Services
- Videos of Children’s Sermons
- Bible Study Part 5 — 1 Cor, Chapters 11-13
- New Reflections on Salem videos: Amsalu, Ed, Kim, Cheryl, Tom, Tina and Ann, Sharon, Guy, Morrinah, Peggy and Ryan, Jim K, Char, Mike, Jim C, Shirley, Christy, Gibbons family, Marleigh, Karen,
- News of Historical Old Salem
- September Monarch Newsletter
- Committee Chairs can fill out and print vouchers. List of Accounts. Expanded 900 Account List
Salem is a smoke-free campus. Smoking of tobacco-related products and/or electronic cigarettes is prohibited on the church grounds. You may smoke on the Newburg Avenue sidewalk or at the Frederick Road bus stop.
Salem is handicap accessible with no steps from the parking lot to the chancel.